...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Sunday, January 31, 2010

EPIC

Yes, Epic.
It's been a week.
All masks had been removed, all 'face' had been thrown.

... okie, that sounds serious... but it's epic, what tone should i give it anyway...? Since it's been shown to the class (and soon to the next), yea, I had slowly gotten off that embrassment phase... I think. I'm the epic head banger... (the in-class assignment had me banging the head too..) Ah well... Dun laugh.



That was our first stop motion animation assignment, took around 7 or 8 hrs of filming time. The 'army of chairs marching out' part was tiring to do, but was the most satisfying scene to see. Enjoyed the process of filming, though i didn't get to play much with the animating... other than the yellow, 'lame' chair, hahaha. The guys handled the editting and music, which I found their choice of music adds a lot to the hilarity than the 'epic-type' that we had initially planned for. Overall... a bit more drama than stopmo look, but still a fun project.

In the second assignment, our group was broken up into two, since the grouping is restricted to a maximum of three. Nevertheless, we end up helping each other since they need side actors and we (being a two-woman-show) need helpers as well. Rui Fan and I had a pretty hard time filming, since she's the actress for the film and I'm left alone to move the stuff around and take the shots. We had some trouble with the pre-production, the framing and flow and all, but when we get down to do the real thing, somehow, we managed to solve them out. Haha, that kind of went on till late in the night, and we were lucky to get a cab back. Thankfully, she just live a couple of blocks away from my home! 130am! Guess that's the first time I return home from any school so 'early'...



One of the props used in the film. Haha, threw it away after the filming, see no point keeping. Proportions off, face... probably a bit of resemblence...(yea, in denial..) One and half hours with charcoal. Maybe I should try doing more portraits at home... Arggh... the lazy bug.

No comments: