...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Through the mind of a Genius...



A few days ago, I went for the exhibition featuring Leonardo Da Vinci's works, hosted by the Science Centre with Ms Sunshine! We've been planning this for quite sometime, and postponed it due to the Friday night star gazing event. Haiz... in the end, the sky was too cloudy to see anything that night... but, at least we finish going through the works in the exhibition.

Too bad, cameras are not allowed in the exhibition, so the only two works I get to photograph is Mona Lisa and this one: (And yea, not to mention they are all digital prints..)



The Vitruvian Man....

Ah well... at least that's some free anatomy class there. The videos shown were pretty good, telling about the Mona Lisa, Vitruvian man, Last Supper, and one which I missed out due to lack of time, some video on Leonardo Da Vinci made by the BBC. Guess that's one very important video, heck, maybe surf the net for that.

Come to think of it, there isn't much memorable works from Leonardo D.V there. The ones that people will remember are Mona Lisa and Last Supper, can't name anything else. No wonder towards his last years, he felt he had not accomplished much. :-/ The exhibition strongly features the stuff that were from his notebooks. They re-created the inventions that were doodled in those notebooks and show it to the public. It's really cool, and pretty creepy to know that so many modern stuff were once thought out by someone living so many hundred years ago. (In that case, I really wonder if there was anyone else living hundreds of years earlier than Leonardo D.V who might have thought up all these too...)

Went for the 'Sea Monsters' IMAX movie at the Omni Theatre too. Geez, how long has it been since the last time I was in there..... Feels like I'm back to primary school, especially when I see those kids lining up to get into the science centre... =_=

Anyways, we spent the entire afternoon to the night at the Science Centre. Haiz... why was the sky cloudy.... Nevermind, maybe we go back next time to view the stars. Pretty exciting to know that they have free star gazing event every Friday night. But guess gotta look out for the weather these times. The skies here seems 'constipated' this past week. Gray clouds, then sunshine, then gray again, then sun. No rain at all.... -_-



Wanted to scrap this drawing away yesterday when looking for a fresh piece of watercolor paper to use for some small painting, but couldn't bear to... Tried to finish it and after some time, I did managed to set it ready for some paints. I wonder if my brain is wanting some challenge out of it and I end up inking it with that water soluble sepia ink. And yea, the ink spread while I painted it, but guess the unpredictability was what kept me going. Hey, I'm making problems for myself! Lol...

Oh yea, that's Irina from Maplestory Ep 2. Just love their artworks there, but somehow, she reminded me of some FFIV character.... -_-

No comments: