...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, November 05, 2010

Start of the ending phase...

The week had been full of animating: papers, flash and maya. Drawing in a sense, haha.. but not a leisure doodle in the sketchbook. Semester's ending in one and half month's time... it's gonna be a rocky way ahead.

3D character animation is gonna be a tough one. At least Davide prepared us by telling us about the assignments to come: a dance, four legged walk and the final: a human plus 4 legged animal and ball interaction. Argh. I'm not done with my baseball.... cry.

Everyone is getting anxious about Animation Seminar... The tutors are panicking as the groups are still in the early stages of production (with some still in pre-production) and all was supposed to be wrapped up by the end of this month. Right now... they are considering of merging groups. Kind of like if you know you can't finish yours in time, consider joining another's group and help finish up their project. Not sure about mine... 30% done, animation rough stage... still manageable, but not gonna be great.

Prof prac assignmet 1 was dued last week. It was a rushed out one, alot of communication breakdown between the group. The project was easy, just putting together a portfolio online with resume and all, and doing some company analysis, but the tough part was that the organisation of one's materials are to be consistent with the rest of the class. Although my previous portfolio and archiving of projects saved me from having to search for artworks, it was quite a reality check on my current progress. I don't have much professional works, mostly are my own personal paintings and fanarts. Even though in my first job interview, the recruiter said they were looking out for these personal works, it was the professional works which would make the employer look seriously at one's stuff before turning to look at these hobby paintings... It was a good thing that I took up this module this year. One more year of building up. Haha...

Life at EOS was a bliss, for me I think. 20 hours per week as said, doing animation. But without any work assigned to me, I would leave for home and do my own stuff. Bad habit maybe, but if one is employed on an hourly basis, I don't wish to take money for doing nothing. And yea, it's been sometime since I work with a team of more than 4. It's been an enjoyable experience. Despite being in adm for almost 3 years, I haven't talk to the rest so much as I did now.

As for the other two lecture based modules... modern art was full of philosophies and human resource management was full of being human in business. I wonder how many companies practice that well. Ack, haven't touch the textbook at all. Haiz.

AFA is coming. Harry Potter is coming. And then deadlines are coming. Aiyah...

No comments: