Finally done with it... the first theme of the 100 themes challenge floating around DA! Although it's not really the exact way I wanted it to be. (Thought more of painting on the skin for that.) Not so sure of the colors either, so just slapped in a random pink. Tried the brush tool in Illustrator this time. Took a while to understand how it can work to my advantage.
As for idea... traced my hand there (right handed!!), tools that I work with more frequently, and random icons of where I'm coming from (I think). Received art education at 2 1/2 years old due to my mum finding me annoying and clingy and hence, decided to throw me into the neighborhood art school where my sister was at. (I wondered if she ever regretted that decision...?) Maybe because of that, it became more of a mode of expression than something I'll use to maintain my 'rice bowl'. Heh, still drifting about where I wish to head to after graduation... it's still quite vague what I really want out of this artistic path I've been walking. I know what I can strive for, but somehow, I'm not really satisfied by it all. It is a pretty short termed sense of achievement, one that makes me question "what good really comes out of what I just did"? Aye, maybe the art created really says it all.



No comments:
Post a Comment