...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Archiving archiving and a visit!

Have been trying to make myself do work these days... There's much to do, yet, I'm starting to get that lazy bug disease, especially since it's gonna be a long weekend till tomorrow. Made myself archive as much drawings as possible for the end of semester portfolio review and got bored along the way, so did a small painting in photoshop (which I was using to fine tune my archived drawings).



I realised I have a way with doing eyes for whatever subject that has them, lol... Anatomy problems again.. But that's not the main thing. I found myself unaccustomed to using photoshop to do paintings from scratch. I got lost, not knowing where I should head. After about an hour of painting, Dor came and I showed her this painting. She tried to amend it for me, and I thought it looked pretty solid after the amending.



Seeing her use photoshop is like..... O_O..... Oh man.. I've lots to catch up with! She shared some tips with me, most of it seems like an application of traditional methods onto the digital platform. Maybe I should start thinking of photoshop like I'm using watercolors... then again, it takes some more time to get used to not being able to turn your canvas the way you want it to be... Argh...

And yay! Might be participating in EOY this year, some new experience there, I guess I'd better start working my creative gears...

No comments: