
An art collaboration with ricey on mangarevolution.com. The picture he gave was one of Tifa from FFVII (oh yea, an unforgettable rpg....:D) The lineart was very clean, traced out from illustrator. Influenced by the recent 'World Ends With You' game I'm playing, I decided to make her look a bit Nomura-ish kind of lineart. It looked kinda empty, so I added Cloud in there. Kind of regreted it halfway through the inking, cos he seems to be catching all the attention.
When it comes to coloring, I decided to try out that 'alcohol dripping on copic ink' kind of technique, which I read of a year ago on a book of Japanese comickers. It was messy, and again, I smell like some mad doc and the paper behind the artwork was soon drenched in purple ink (the sky blue ink I used seems to seperate into some magenta color which produced mixed with the blue, became purple). So on and on... the 'destroying' continued and wahla - I got this... Pretty fun, maybe I should try it more next time. XD



No comments:
Post a Comment