(Can't hold myself from that 'XD' there.... hahahaha~)
Anyways, 3D was done, together with HY's project.... so YAY!!!!!! XDXDXD
Super yay that my sis is finally back!!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
She seems to have grown fatter... but not so much that her belly is bulging or something. XD Anyways, this week is gonna be pretty much busy, next week too. Jaryn's asking me back for work due to Joanne's heart condition. Quite relunctant to go back though... bet she knows it too, but the fact that she's also asking the many old birds for help signified how bad the situation was. I wonder what would happen if Joanne was to quite one day? Haiz.... it's screwed man. Anyways, it's not gonna stop me from enjoying myself this month. Time's running short, gotta think how to spend this month!!
Something I did for Beryl in the earlier month. Decided to design a bdae card for her, one that can hold a maple card, since she's playing maple. :P

Haha, she's taking visual communication path. A budding illustrator (hmmm..wonder if that's a right description...), she's quite unconfident with her skills. Largely due to the fact that the vis comm environment is very competitive. After seeing some works and hearing from Ling, the standard seems pretty high, something which definitely made Ber's works paled from the rest, despite the interesting concepts. I suggested that she build up her drawing skills and merge it with her vis com ideas, although she felt it wouldn't help as much as getting that design sense. Somehow, I wonder is it design sense or is it the play of the computer programs that made her felt that way? Drawing isn't totally less useful, in fact, my former tutor pushed us wsc-ers to do illustrating during the wsc days... so probably I do felt the importance of drawing in design too. But Ms Joan Kelly was right too... you can have beautiful colors and brushstrokes for a painting, but with a bad composition, it's gonna look bad. Maybe that's why I got stuck with the drawing of this painting for a long time:

It's something which I owed a maple buddy for a long time... Requested by Yuin, his assasin and pole-armer separated by a wall, signifying his change and moving on. It was drawn almost a year plus ago, but I didn't know what to do with the colors. Somehow, the picture wasn't working, and I didn't really figure it out until recently... the steely was stealing the eye flow away. Tried to pull it back with the white, but I guess it just won't work. Might be better if it was tilted 45 degress downwards.... or it just begs another drawing that could be pieced up to it on the left. (I'll think about it...)
Used the new winsor and newtown paints that Xiu brought back from Aussie there. Love the colors they give, there was a certain shine to them. Hopefully.... I'll do more with it! XD



No comments:
Post a Comment