...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, March 26, 2010

Puppet-ed





Finally done with my stop motion puppet. I was rushing it out cos I need it for my compositing assignment, which is gonna be due on April 8th.... along with the animation essay (that I had yet to start working on...) >_< Kind of satisfied with the final result, although it was not the initial design I planned for.



Aye, wires with foam, covered in stocking.

The stocking idea was something I observed from a doll a friend gave me. It was a handmade doll, and the body of the doll was cotton covered with some thin, white stretchy fabric that resembled stocking. Since I wanted a thin and slender body, and the foam was making the puppet look fat, I got a pair of stockings from the friendly neighbourhood shop and experimented with it.



Prof Eileen then showed the class some sculptor who uses stockings to create real-life looking sculptures.It was totally real-like... and you don't see the ends of the fabric. Wonder how she did that...



Anyways, added the hair and gave her some hairstyle... I'm a bad hairstylist, haha. I forgot to take the pictures for the process in between this and the result, cos was chionging late into the night. Sewed some cloth for her pants, glued whatever that need not be sewed.... how convenient, hahahaha~ UHU glue rules....



Front. Added some beads for jewellry.



Back. Added some beads for her hair, an idea from Jack Sparrow design (since I'm doing a mystic-gypsy.... but she ends up looking like some dancer-gypsy...)



The eyelids- eyeshadow idea was suggested by Eileen. She commented that the puppet had some sensual look to her, and the beady eyes were kind of not fitting well to the entire image. She suggested some eyeshadow there, similar to those chinese maiden's eyes you see on TV... Had some time figuring how to do that, and thankfully, there were some slits around the eye socket that allows me to stuff some paper into. Aye, UHU glue to the rescue.



Dancing dancing....



Somehow, I had this love-hate relationship for the hair. Used a new bunch of DMC thread for that and it just gets tangled up easily. It has this messed up look occasionally, but it is able to hold still in certain positions.



Had a lot of fun playing with it, but I fear the armature breaking. The foam is already starting to crack.... >_<





One down.... Many to go!!!!!! Focus focus!!!

No comments: