Being right."
Just something that I came across today and wanted to keep a note on... partly cos it reminded me of the many times I find myself being too self-righteous? Haha, one human being, after all.
School..... Nooooooooooooooooo.... T_T
-----------------
Then came by the afternoon when Ting was telling me about the pen she loved to use to sign her name with. I tried out the pen and it was really smooth. And then she told me that my signature looks like the chinese character for love.
Not the first one who told me that, but it was really my attempt to write the the last character of my Chinese name 'Wen' (the one in blue) in a calligraphic manner. Possibly I was very influenced by my mum to take a chinese character as a signature. (She signs hers in a very calligraphic manner which none of us could really imitate.) However, no matter how much I try, I could never produce the same form like a stamp, which makes me wanna push that all away and use the chinese stamp I had. Super laziness yea... or maybe super not confident? After that, Ting played with the pen and signed her name (initials, to be exact).

I was quite stunned that she would simply strike off her name that way. It looks confusing, and for a while, I was seeing an 'A' instead of her initials G.C. An identity crisis? My sister?? No ways nia! After asking that, she told me it was actually an 'F' in the middle (her confirmation name 'Frances') and she only used this shortform to sign things off at her workplace. It used to be this though:

Simple, clearcut.... and looks a bit innoncent. Yea, she had a hard time back then, and somehow, it evolved to the g.f.c up there. Funny how signatures change eh?



No comments:
Post a Comment