So school started... again. It's the first week and the first thing I knew after checking my email on the first day before lessons started was Isaac asking for the previous animation I did to be tweaked for presentation in the coming week. It's something that I tried my best to finish within the imaginary deadline I set for myself, but during that last week of working on it, I felt it being more draining than an opportunity to learn... It didn't turn out good in my opinion, but as usual, if he asked for it to be refined, I'll go back and get it done. Which I am doing now... No regrets on that though. He advised me on how to improve it, but still, that feeling of draggin myself to finish it was there, so yea, guess that will be the last work I'll be giving him.
Anyways, first week! I've given up on enrolling into the Psychology module this sem. No one wants to give up their placement, so lalala... Business law was quite ok (for now...). Marketing... the prof seemed to have brought over traits of his working days in the tourism/ hospitality sector... He's has this smile on his face all the time and his hands would always fall back together down, clasped in front of his body like the receptionist at the customer service counter in a hotel. (His 'default setting' nia). Seldom see that in the other lecturers I've encountered so far. Most would just sit down and talk, or their hands would be regularly be on the keyboard or desk or something.
Then came symbolism in film. My God, that guy is 80 years old... He has a very different approach to handling the module, and surprisingly, he managed to get rid of examinations for the module. Capuzzo had told us last year that it was not possible to do so, as it was the rules of ntu itself for a lecture based module to be evaluated by an examination. Wonder how he did that? But it is true. The topic is not possible to be graded as there is totally no right or wrong interpretations to a symbol as long as one can explain one's answer. And yea, after one lesson of it, his detailed analysis of the various elements in the movie he shown, my gosh. I'm so sitting in his class every week!
And the cores... well, come to think of it, it's both Davide!! >_< Double hell in a way, but it's for sure one will learn something from such tutors. Anyways, he showed us some animation which I thought are very worth sharing:
Charade
This was a graduating work of an undergraduate of Sheridan of the the '84 batch. Long before I was born.... but it's sheer greatness >_< OMG.... the standard! >_<
salvador dali and walt disney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzzZa5o1q5k
Cannot embed.... can understand why. According to Davide, it was a work left unfinished in the conceptual stage by Salvador Dali (a famous surrealist artist) during his short term in the Walt Disney company. It was later picked up by the people in the company and made into an animation. Real interesting stuff, though I'm not so sure what it really is talking about.
Thought of you
This is art.... a really artistic, emotional piece that drew many different responses and interpretations from viewers. Browsing through the comments, one can maybe appreciate the animation even more by reading about the subtle details added into the animation (that probably slipped most viewers' eyes). Nice song too.... T_T
One by One
...Childhood innocence >_< Well, it's Disney. XD
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment