
...Pretty much says it all. Heh, guess I really draw more when facing exams and stress.... haven no idea where to start reading from, kind of really like a fish thrown into the sea for this module. Actually... for all art history modules... seems as though there aren't hardcore facts other than the size of the canvas/ sculpture/ architecture (even that is debatable due to erosion...)
2.30pm is the exam, having failed the first quiz and not knowing how I'd fare for the second, this is one major exam to pass. But till now... me still drifting... LOL. Well... an artwork to mark the ending of another module.
Wiki References:(although I detest it, but it's the best for last minute stuff... I guess.)
Didn't know churning the ocean of milk has such a philosophy behind... Hinduism isn't just about gods and goddesses, hehe.
Borobudur wikipedia article. The external link was interesting.
Angkor wat, someday.. hopefully go see this magnificent structure.
oh yea.. the final work for compositing assignment. Don't think it's good and too dark, still have time to change it, but I dun think I'll wanna touch it for now...
Been there, dunnit. Not sure if can secure a passing mark... the questions were pretty much thinking questions, asking for one's thoughts about the issues proposed... and I chose one question that was more like a book review >_< It was one of the most unexpected questions... never thought he would ask about the comparisons of the two perspectives proposed by the authors. I happened to read both books and the chunk of philosophy the prof had highlighted in the first few lecture notes a few times (he likes to use many adjectives that kind of gets me lost). It was really thinking, and I churned up things I never really had given thought of before. Although Rawson's perspective was as though 'overthrown' by Kerlogue's, it's was important to keep in mind that SEA was influenced by the external while knowing the own people had their perspective. To sieve through that multilayered ideas and symbolism by identifying the external and gazing directly at the internal, probably one can discover what SEA truly is speaking behind their artworks, which were pretty developed before the influx of the major Indian ideas. But yea, passage of time... it will be hard work since a lot is lost. Haha, judging from the questions he gave, guess he really detested the examinations.



No comments:
Post a Comment