...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Canvas and Impressions



Supposed to do my homework, but spent yesterday on this thing. It's an idea that has been bugging me for a week or so, and I just can't focus with that in my mind, so decided to get it down. Used Flash, since I have to get used to this software, why not start with something that I'm interested to do? Crappy drawings, but at least one thing off my head.

Went to Fance's mosaic shop opening ceremony(the one that I helped design the logo for) on Sunday. It was a simple celebration in a small shop at a rather secluded area in Bt Timah Plaza, one that is not super happening to gather crowds. While I was standing around looking at the little things in the shop, I chanced upon the guestbook and was shocked at a particular name in it.

3. Ms Amy Soon. (Yes, lightning effect plus thunder sfx and Symphony No. 5.)

I thought I connected the name to the wrong person (she's the tutor who intro-ed and taught me graphic designing), but after seeing the email and a chat with Fance, it was really her. She told me that Ms Amy and her son were her first customers who did a mosaic in the shop. They came by about two hours before I got there. Not sure why they were there, probably her son had some tuition nearby? Or they were shopping in BT? On top of everything, I was really curious if she said anything about the logo. And nope, she didn't. Quite sad-ed, but maybe that's a good thing; she might end up shooting me for not doing enough before releasing the design to the client. Haha... or I'm thinking too far... Happy coincidences really, I'm glad to know she saw my work even though she didn't know about it.

No comments: