...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, January 23, 2009

Len through the years....

Yea, this guy. Let's see.... went to get a new file for my stack of old drawings and paintings (as well as a new one for my new stuff). I realised I haven't been drawing the really old characters that I made up quite some years ago. Original characters? Maybe yes maybe no... Whatever original stuff there is in my files are heavily influenced by famous comic artists. Even this character Len, who at the moment I came up with and thought was pretty original, turns out to be identified close to Dark of DNangel... Didn't read the manga that time, but seems like maybe I've seen pictures of Dark and it surfaced from my memory bank while I was creating this character.

And yea, the nickname came from that, since I was creating my very first art gallery account on FAC and 'Len' happens to be an available ID (before that, I wanted 'Azure' but it was taken). It kind of sticked through till now, a simple name. Didn't know about it's meaning of 'Flute' or 'lion' or an abbrevation for Leonard (oh gosh...). But hey, lion... I have two lions under my birth day apart from a crab... so maybe that's why I'm sticking to it? XD

Anyways, enough crap... The intensive reading from uni life had caused my brain to work the way I didn't quite want it to (semiotics, representation, Las Meninas...ngaaah). Ain't wanna waste my life on questions that can't be answered with the limits of my vocabulary...... I'm not so intelligent...


June 2001... transition from poster paints to alchoholic markers. At first, wanted his eyes to be yellow, but the purple came in and it looks pretty nice to me. So made it one purple one yellow (which was covered up), a bit of story there.


June 2002 - Markers and crayons. Yea, the cute cute one. I got a bit hooked to Arina Tanemura's art aside from CLAMP's.


June 2003 - trying out watercoloring that time, but the paper is still the same drawing block paper you get in popular. Didn't know about Brahs Besar then.


May 2004 - Doesn't seem to change much other than settling that he should play with shadows....


22 Jan 2009 - Watercolors and gouache on saunders waterford. What was I doing in between? Can't remember much, but Houshin Engi came in around then, I think...

Gotta agree that time doesn't means skill. I'm still lacking the anatomy, n I realised that my paintings still lack a sort of free feeling, probably too tied up... Gonna start looking with new perspectives and angles. Forget about styles maybe, and I wanna finish that $76 worth of printing credits before this sem ends. It'll be a waste to let the school scrap it away when Yr 2 starts. (See la, the mind keeps skipping...n I'm hungry...)

No comments: