
Yeap, new sem, new book for drawing!! (To think that it's left with a few pages.... -_-) Gonna call the front art 'First Page Freedom' tee heeee... Anyways, it's drawn out of sian-ness of art history. Gotta cram 60 pages of hardcore text in my head by tonight and here I am doodling away...... die die die....
With the recent playing around with watercolors, I finally tried out the brush pen I've bought from James before leaving Scrawls, and hey, it's really fun! While cleaning up my pencil case a few weeks ago, I suddenly thought of stuffing my old Daler and Rowney watercolor set inside it. As I'm now using tubes of holbein paint (a gift from Huiying!), the D&R set was kind of cast aside.... It was quite a waste seeing such a compact portable watercolor set collecting dust (and the colors are artists quality...), so now it's now travelling with me! XDXDXDXDXD

One of the pages of the drawing homework assigned, was painting Ping Ting >_< She has this habit of putting her left elbow on the table and the hand kind of stabling her hair from covering her face while she works on her drawings. Caught her with that pose in my sketchbook a few times XD Anyways, the brush tip isn't broad enough to do huge strokes, and I kinda need to work fast as the brush kind of dries up when I'm in the middle of painting a long stroke. However, that kind of creates a different style from what I usually do. Kind of interesting :D
And the 2D assignment that kind of got me back to the habit...

We were told to do a poster on some art trip to Japan (I think the lecturer is serious about the trip... cos she sort of made it a poster-making competition and is planning to print the winning piece out to be publicly shown). I had some hard time brainstorming, and did the piece in late night from 1am to 7am... At least I got some 3 hours sleep before that. However, the size was too big. I thought A2 is double the A3 size... so when the new document box came out in illustrator, I doubled both the height and width, making it A1 instead. Only realised my error at the print shop, forcing me to amend my poster on the spot, changing some stuff here and there. They was subtle changes, yet the impact was strong. I wasn't satisfied with it in the end, but heck, it's either that or dead-line. T_T Ah well.... learnt something new anyways... double size means double the height....



No comments:
Post a Comment