...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Sunday, August 16, 2009

One Big Goodbye

Yea, Wush has gone to Ringling! As a farewell gift, CC and I came up with a plan of consolidating artworks and notes from friends, making it some kind like the autograph book I started a year ago. While he went around sending messages about the consolidation (dunno how he managed to collect the works there haha), I tried to come up with a way to put them all together. First thought was a box, cos I wonder if people might come up with (literally) 3d stuff within the A5 size that can't be binded. However, thinking about the traditional artworks, they still need some film cover to keep the art piece in better condition, so ended up with a file concept again... Tried to make it less formal, so went around looking for cloth and everything for a handmade cover for the file. Haha, my sewing ain't good, so mum helped out with the sewing while I try to make the best of the materials. Didn't take a picture of it tho... T_T Shoulda done it...

As for my piece.... I thought of drawing a watercolor piece, but after sometime, for some reason, I just couldn't get it done nicely, despite having the idea in mind. (see lah.. didn't draw for sometime, rusty...) Then looking at the bdae card wush gave me sometime back... it was done with collage: pieces from the magazine and a little doodle on colored paper. I remembered Fiona's paper artwork, art pieces done by cutting and assembling from different colored papers. It's a meticulous process, having to deal with tiny pieces of paper and the 'fragility' of some papers, but the result is really satisfying to look at. So.. dug up that pile of old construction papers and started cutting.




The only w.i.p photo. Messy workdesk, of course :D



Finished product!!A witch on a broom. Hope she comes back conjuring great magic!

And yea, the project went pretty ok. There were at least 10 pieces in the file, and haha, I was quite right to worry about the 3D artworks, and it was Nic who had some ribbon tied to the card she made, however, I guess it still managed to fit into the transparent sleeves. Love her work, the cute 'caricaturing' of people hahaha~ Really glad everyone put in their effort to make it... :D

Airports are a place of meetings and farewells I guess... So many memories there, wonder how long since Fiona left...? There were many people sending wush off at terminal 3, haha, the DMD gang, the ex (and non ex) scrawl gang and the wushu gang! She arrived pretty late, so in that short time, the poor girl was being pulled here and there to take photos... However, could see she hoped to spend a bit more time with her family there.. Seeing Pearlyn hugging wush so long, I wonder if the wushu people are closely knitted cos they fight alongside each other? Haha, hopefully the next time I go back to the airport, it's more laughter...

No comments: