...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesdays

No classes on wed, so I'm free for a day every week... or maybe not... Haha, wanted to study accounts today, but end up painting the entire morning. Another piece of the Cygnus knights, Irina.. again. Realise I like to play with long hair in the pictures, haha.



Got a tube of white gouache while at BB purchasing some oil painting materials at Straits Commercial. The old man serving me was enlightening me with his knowledge of materials there. Didn't know zinc white is more suitable for mixing colors while titanium white is more opaque and suitable for highlights. No wonder I had some hard time with highlights sometime back when I was using zinc white gouache. Ah well... pocket's empty now... 72 bucks for 5 tubes of paint, 3 brushes, oil, turpentine... Guess no Natsu Matsuri for me this year...

Oil painting class was fun. Didn't take a shot of my painting yesterday, cos me forgot to bring my cam. I realised my technique changed quite a lot from the last attempt of oil painting (only did it about twice, haha.) From using lots of oil to impasto. The first line the tutor said when she saw it was "now that's some ferocious painting!" Haha... maybe it's frustration. Still trying to digest that accounting info and finding my way of remembering terms... Notes doesn't help. Mind mapping... I end up spending more time with the fonts and unimportant stuff... -_- As for 3D, the tutorials from the book seems to help more than the classes, to say the truth. Starting to get a little hang of the software, but it's down to animation basics in the end, unless I decide to head for the technical area, which I'd rather do with clay.

No comments: