Yea, the lectures have been pretty interesting so far.. or rather, there aren't much talking, but more of watching instead. The prof had shown a number of animations today that I just wanna keep a small record of them before my short term memory starts erasing them...
Gerald McBoing Boing
This one is really cute. A poem-like narrative and graphic-like look to it. In today's modern eyes, this animation probably is like any other stuff you find on Nicklodeon. However, it was a breakthrough in its time, when everything you see is Disney quality films (smooth action, everything on ones and every living thing having some sort of motion, semi-real backgrounds which aim for a realistic 3d-ish depth and feel). The creators, United Productions of America (UPA in short) had quite a history going on and today, they left their mark on what we now see in many animations across the globe.
Edgar Allen Poe's 'The Tell-Tale Heart', a mad man who thinks he ain't mad... Beautiful scenes.
Rooty Toot Toot. I thought the idea of the court case being all music and dance was pretty new and hilarious. Must be the rhythmn...!
Adventures in Music: Melody. Disney caught on the style and did something similar, but I felt the animation feels different, fluid..?
Prof showed another animation called Madeline, but unlike the one I remembered, this one was shot in 1952, and the girls are wearing red uniforms instead of yellow. Can't find it online, but the style is very carefree, not much backgrounds, with some narrative going on. Sweet animation...
Wonder if I should start a new blog for reference materials.... This is gonna add on soon, lol...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment