I realised that I can't think of ideas... better off building on others' ideas. But thank God, at least the two stop motion ideas are nailed down. Haha, I now understand what they mean by all ideas come when you are just chatting randomly...
For the final stop motion project, I'm collaborating with Sheng Yi. She's all out to do the work, but like me, our ideas keep floating. She wanted something that could become part of her future portfolio. Something that appeals to masses, something that people will like. After a chat with her in her hall room, I realised she wanted very much to do something that everyone will accept. Not that it's impossible, but I'm starting to find that very hard and even more restricting than to do whatever you want. Yeap, urged her to do what she wants to see, and probably because of her hungry stomach, she was willing to hear what my views about that. From there, I kind of remembered the times I collaborated with Huiying, when I'm staunch on having a moral to a story when there is no need for one. And indeed, things started to get easier when we let go of that 'I must do something like blah blah blah'.
It quite began with her tying her shoelaces, readying to go to the canteen. A random chat at the door:
"just do something you want..." I said.
"Maybe a woman," she began in a joking manner, "in the ballroom, dancing with a man, dance dance dance, became married, man dies, she's crying... and then-" lol. She stopped to think, and I added,
"she realised it's a dream, and found herself at the graveyard or something-"
It's a happy feeling, to be able to continue the story. On our way to the canteen, we randomly threw ideas in, probably flesh falling off (ah yea, she loves morbid stuff, so I'm not holding her back on that), grim reaper, tombstone etc. We couldn't stop talking about it! Even while having our dinner, we were still throwing ideas in, and a twist as she wanted. Yea, the story is pretty common, but how are we gonna portray it? Probably that's how things become interesting.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment