...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Papers, Maya, Paints

Ever since school started, the new stuff quite distant me from my paints... And then, that wheel of copying - creating - copying - creating will start turning again... (shucks, I'm thinking of Sabapathy's words when I'm no longer attending his lectures!) After a lot of inspiration, everything goes blank and the copying starts. Lol...



A picture of an osprey. The photo reference was from a book and it caught my eye immediately. I was trying to play with acrylic. Painted white acrylic on the base, and when dried, paint over with watercolors. Some paint will catch onto the surface, but it wouldn't appear as dark as when painted directly onto paper. It has some 'lightening' effect, but maybe I've laid the paint without building up thin layers of it? Or maybe I should try another approach and use it for another purpose? Knowing that the trial didn't go very well, I just created a wet on wet painting instead.

Went to the library today to return my books and borrow some new ones... and I realised how noob I am.... I've always thought that the neighborhood library in BB was devoid of art books. Art books as in those about painting, graphic design etc. All I saw was craft books... and it only struck me that it 'might' have (no, it should have!) those books when I saw a loan-list of some random person who borrowed 'an idiot's guide to manga drawing' from that very library. (Complete WTF face.) So I went searching for that shelf I've missed out for 12 years; eversince the library opened. And there it was, at the far end after the tamil books, where a kid was shaking away playing DS. I dunno why is he shaking there but anyways, there was one entire shelf dedicated to art books, comparable to what I saw at CCK's. No, maybe bigger, cos I had to raise my arm for the books. Aye, jaw dropped... It was a 'cornered' shelf, without a plate stating what it was, behind the tamil section, and beside the chinese section. Indeed, what the hell is it doing there.

That aside... the first book that caught my eye was 'a course on Storyboarding'. After that was that book by James Gurney about imaginative drawing. Even the book about watercolors I've got from school was there, and the book about the making of 2009 'The Princess and the Frog'! Graphic design, check, photography, check, mosaic, woo, and I was surprised to see a book on Ikats. The collection was decent... and why is it so far off? >_< RRRAaaaaaaaahhhh! I feel like a complete idiot!!! All these while, I've thought the hobbies section was the one and only art section! -_- At least I know it now... ... Grrrrrr.

No comments: