
Yeap, week one over! (Honeymoon week over!! T_T) Anyways, I found myself frequenting hte library these days. One reason being the lift upgrading works going on in my area, which made staying at home unbearable... Sought refuge in the nation library, and I found myself hunting for self-help books in preparation for the YET started Business Finance module... (Yea, the lecture notes scared me away). Chanced upon a book by some guy about some famous person in the business management world. Though it didn't have much link to what the lecture notes were talking about, it kind of caught my attention more than the 3D animation books I had in my hands. Despite the connection to business topics, it talked sense more than business ideas. It applied to what I'm doing as an art student too, heck, maybe one can say it applied to living. Feels like another random wake up call, but hopefully I don't go hibernate again.
Went for photo imaging class today and yea, it's another 'better organize yourself or else you're gonna give yourself hell' module. T_T Although friends who went through it told me that it was a very tedious module to take, none actually said they hated it, so I dropped the idea of de-registering it. (Err... I didn't really thought of registering this in the first place. It was registered for HY actually... but since she managed to get the module she wanted, I wanted to drop this module too. However, I didn't had any other module options in mind, so decided to keep it.)
The first lesson was very enlightening (as always), and since I hope to do something about picture composition, probably this photo taking module would be some pushing factor for lazy me... And interestingly, while looking through the folios of past students (uncollected and left in the classroom), I came across a handwriting that piqued my interest as much as my poly friend's did. It was quite calligraphic looking, words all slanting to the right, with twists and turns on the letters. The one that caught me was the 'y'. It was written with an extra twist before the lower loop, and yea, why would people do that? Most would normally do a curve and go straight down, uninterrupted, to the loop and for some, maybe twist it up, but this flow was interrupted in the middle. It's as thought the letter 'y' had a knee jerk. This sign carried on until the last 'y', which was clearly different (and started on a new paragraph); like a very normal cursive 'y'. Maybe I'm just over thinking it, but it just fascinates me to see such script. I should have taken a picture of it....



No comments:
Post a Comment