...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One Interesting Day



What an interesting day today had been, or maybe... interesting in my own thoughts... haha. It started off with this cute little (how do you say '麻雀' in english....) brown birdie which had just landed on a pile of dirt/ sand nearby the 180 bustop. The bird was like a little blob, resting there, looking around. And then, it started fidgeting, and 'diving' into the dirt, splashing it everywhere. It was enjoying the dirt/ sand? I dunno... but its actions were really cute, I dunno how to describe it well... cartoony in a sense. Drew it down during today's lecture.

During lunch time, I decided to eat a healthy meal, and bought a slice of watermelon. As I took that slice and walk towards the cashier to pay up, I had the urge to say '我的美人一片', and I did say that while passing the coins to her, speaking quite softly though. Not sure if the cashier aunty would start staring at me wierdly for saying that. And gosh, she did hear it, called me back and corrected me '不对不对,是“美人一个!"' In a way, yea, I'm shocked, but walked off with some giggles. She's probably in her forties, rather serious looking and had a rather tired expression when I paid up, but there she was, suddenly bubbling with laughter. Maybe that remark kind of stuck out from the mundane work, haha. All these were just ordinary, nothing fanciful or extreme, but somehow, they do kick off a few ideas. One of the joys of being alone, probably.



Went to the library to do some research for my homework after the lectures, but I end up looking at other stuff... Just right opposite the architecture section were a few books regarding timepieces. Had a thought of looking into the gears of a timepiece for my new paintings, and end up had an idea for a story! Maybe it's an idea used before, but it got me somewhat excited. An angel/ reaper who is interested in timepieces, has a shop and sells his own creations. Thinking about the little objects and how it goes about. Shaping it slowly there, it wouldn't be too much of creating a brand new world like the previous, though the shop idea reminded me of xxxholic....

No comments: