Yeap, the comic done for 4D final project. Rushed out in 3 days... linework printed from an epson printer and watercolored. Many thanks to Prof Michael for hearing out my rants and pulling me back to the scene of now, that this comic is even done. Just recently, Ruby from maple was ranting in her DA journal, a similar situation that I faced earlier on that sparked off this comic idea. I guess that's what everyone who are to be graduating will face now and then. Strangely that it occured so fast to me... maybe cos it already strike me in poly year 3 and I couldn't really come to terms with this fear... So maybe this would be a gentle reminder to myself when it happens again, haha.
Hmm... there are no words in there, so might get a bit confusing there... My skills of storytelling ain't very good, and somehow felt the meaning of the story pretty ambiguous. Up to how one sees it ba... :)
Sorry about the overlay of words there =_= I was thinking of making it into a short animation clip next time, just an idea...
The first page was colored digitally, cos it was the survivng piece of the first digital coloring tryout and I forgot all about it for the watercolroing (oh yea, so unpro~) Time was running ou and the brown colors was an instinct kind of treatment to the comic, since that way, I could just minimize the job to only tonal value change. The colors were splashed on towards the end as they seem to add to that wake-from-dream feel. Wonderful what watercolors can do..... T_T Just love 'em.
Haiz... coming back to look at it, I wonder what I should do with that question, since I'm a bit more clearer headed now... Somehow, I still dunno nia. It's like being pushed to the back of the head once again, a volcano that'll explode someday again. Maybe I just keep my eyes and head open this time? Michael asked me that day after I presented my work, that 'everything isn't lost, right?' I shrugged. It's just me ba...



1 comment:
I really like the part where the girl tries to push the clouds away and the little boy comes and did it.
Like the colours and the panels too :) Wonder if there'll ever be a day when I can do something like this too. haha..
As to the creative block thing... Make a book of ideas? I think you have many of those random sketchbooks already. Sometimes I refer to my old half baked stuffs and used and develop them for some of my projects. haha..
Post a Comment