...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, April 17, 2009

I've Gotta Move It!

Ahh... a time to breathe... for a day maybe, gotta study all the way now. But just couldn't resist the paintbrush again, especially since I have some ideas what I want to paint these days... argh, distraction. During the Art History exams preparation, I was really inspired by Claude Monet's work that I was thinking of trying out that Impressionistic style of painting. As what I've read... they were influenced by the science discoveries about the eye and started painting as if there were no forms but just colors. What is seen is not 3D but just a flat image that is made up of dots of colors, that makes things look 3d. To look at things as if you're born blind and could suddenly see again.... Taking that, I grabbed a picture from the FFVII book bought sometime ago and started painting.



It's kind of tough, what colors to go where, how the colors themselves when placed beside each other would bring about a certain illusion to the picture. Started off with a total blank cardboard (yea, it was previously used as a tempo cutting mat and I was about to throw it away until I thought the lines would be interesting to play with), without any basic sketches of the head. Just put patches of paint around and while doing the face coloring, I wondered how to make it come out and tried to remember the previous impressionistic paintings I saw in the textbook. They had patches of colors yes, but there were patches of many different colors together in strokes, so close to each other that they created the illusion. Maybe that's how it works?

The painting there was done in goauche first (cos they were starting to dry up and I realised it would be a waste...) and when I ran out of white goauche, it's acrylic.

Ahhh... Botak Jones.... XD Enjoying life a bit now, but it's time to go back to the books... Saw the 3D Prof's email and I was quite... haiz. It's gonna end soon yea...

No comments: