(Yesh, another all talk no work post XD)
Anyways, FINALLY! That 'Understanding Singapore Society' paper is over... for now, hopefully I can pass that, dun wanna retake this module, although the lectures are really enjoyable to attend... (Heard the lecturer is leaving for overseas study a few years.... wondering if he'll be back nia...) First time in my life I tried to 'mug', but I dunno what is 'to mug' (other than the Final Fantasy battle action for 'steal cum attack') and I dunno how to 'mug' (upgrade that 'Steal' materia to the second level in FF7 or designate Diablos to learn that skill in FF8).
Spent that last three days at that make shift table beside the pc to read the stack of notes and required readings given by the lecturer. Man... for someone who dun read so much, it's a torture... But I'm quite amazed (and at the same time, a bit proud of myself...) that I could finish them all.... but digest them? 90% not. However, somehow, after reading about 3/4 of them, I started catching that focus, reading with a bit more understanding. Probably Mr Lim's lecture slides kind of helped by giving an outline to what the readings were saying in their 'chim engrish'. And when I get bored out with those papers, it's mapling time. (Lv 98 finally... T_T Time to quest again!) Still trying to find my own way of studying... realised mind mapping kind of helped, music that I seldom listen to at a soft volume, clean and tidy table with just a large cup of water... I don't seem to make my own stack of notes that others do, other than getting a few papers scribbled with what I have learned so far, later cast aside... and rewritten and re-summarised.
Meal times are discussions with mum about the Singapore 'way of life'. We chatted about topics of gender treatment in sg, the pragmatism, the previous campaigns in sg, to absurdities like 'virignity as trade' and debating why 'men should be wearing skirts and women should wear jeans'. Crazy ideas, but I see why mum loves to watch those Taiwan tv news of politics and economies. They talk about everything under the sky (not limited to the air boundaries of Taiwan). Somehow, the thinking gears do start working, but when I sit down to think about what to draw, i'm still facing a white paper... Something tells me to move out of the manga drawing routine, but I've been very reluctant to do so, causing the paper to stare back at me all white. Old habits die hard...
Anyways, I'm glad that I was able to write something for the exam paper... Although it's probably not even worth higher than C+, I'm hoping that I could just pass there... And the coming, last hurdle... 3D final project. Time to go chop wood! XD Dun wanna see mushroom head again...... T_T Nonononono....
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment