...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The spoon terror...

Sometimes... I really wonder if it's truly the conscience or an illusion to cover up my stubborness and pride... Didn't see Chris for 3D yesterday after the review with Michael. I admitted to my friends that I do face a certain dilemma of not being able to draw out my design, and thus making it difficult for myself to get down to do my final model for the spoon project. They told me to go find Chris for help, but somehow... just some part of me says I've yet to do my part. I've done nothing since our last project progress check, and if I do go meet him, chances are, he would stare at me and I'll stare back at him. Decided, I should just do some models...

So me went home... and started shaping that piece of wood Dad brought back from the factory. Mum tried to help, but was limited by the fact that I have no concrete design drawn up as a guideline. My design was in the head, stuck there. The models I've done so far out of clay and foam were all in bits and pieces, so much fragmented that I can't seem to get a picture of what I want on paper. So it started with just a side profile of the spoon that I managed to squeeze out sometime ago (but was not of proportion).



The kitchen 'workshop'.... If there is something I discovered in sem 2, it's that my house is a workshop in disguise...



Tools for the day... The clamp was borrowed from the uncle at the clothing store, thanks to mum who helped me asked for it. The sewing machine table in the kitchen was strong and sturdy enough to withstand the weight and force.



Bought a small but super powerful tool that left the table with many shreds of wood. Dunno what's it called... the coping saw was pretty useful too. Mum guided me along the usage of all the tools, helping me with the wood saw and giving some tips about how not to break the saw...



Random picture of Ann who came into the kitchen. She just had a haircut, for Xiu to seeeee~ XD Recently the kid has been getting rashes all over the face... Ting's wondering if it's measles, but the fever had subsided a few days ago before the red spots start appearing more on the forehead and there aren't spots appearing anywhere else. Mum took all of Ann's towels and toys for a wash...



The spoon... can't get a good picture of it with my chui camera in the night lighting. Within 4 hours, the basic shape was almost done cut out and I spent the rest of the time sanding the edges smooth. It wasn't good, the straw handle too thin, and the bowl of the spoon still needs some adjustments. I'll be doing another one later today, hopefully my arm can tahan... I finally have a full model to guide me in the technical drawings... At least there's some direction now...

No comments: