...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, March 20, 2009

Airplane!



2nd try on this picture by jounetsu_no_akai of mangarev. Haiz.. the first attempt failed in illustrator. The idea in my head was one of a 'rendered skintone and graphical-everything-else'. Guess photoshop is still better for this job, or maybe I haven't explored combining both and finding another alternative... Anyways, set out to search online what the flower was, and with the help of mum, managed to identify it as the Red Spider Lily, in jap, Higanbana (华语:曼珠沙华). It's quite interesting, the legend behind this flower, which kind of set the mood for this entire picture. Looked up Hokusai's Ukiyo-e for the jap style, and refered to Tsukiko Amano's 'Chou' mtv for the mood and feel. Somehow, it looked more like Jigoku Shojo... (Didn't really give the series much attention...). Thinking of changing some stuff, the most erroneous maybe... a higabana themed kimono... lol... most prob would come back to this picture after sometime.

And found something interesting after finding out that there was no art class (again) this evening!


XDXDXD Talk about a childhood deprived of these simple toys... Mum never liked us buying toys. I remember seeing other children playing those styrofoam planes with cool army designs on it and wanting to buy one for myself... T_T But when mum found out I bought stuff other than food, she would deduct my pocket moneh... So I didn't quite dare to buy last time... Now those two kids too can't buy toys. Haha, mum had her reasons, but I wondered... I'm now a biggie child, and I ain't getting pocket money from her anyways, why not just buy those cheap ones I've never played before and let those kids have a chance to play too? At least when they grow up, maybe they don't own the toy, but at the very least, they played such things before?



Haha, the design was something Ann urged me to draw. I was wondering what design for the wings, and she just say 'draw rainbow lah!' Haha, guess she really fell in love with rainbows eversince that day a double rainbow appeared pretty clearly in the evening sky. So anyhow sketched a rainbow on the wings with some clouds at the tail.... XDXDXDXDXDXD Now we just gotta wait till tomorrow and we go fly the plane in the field!!! XDXDXD (Hey, it worked at home yea! XD)

Guess I won't be updating with so much artwork these days... I realised I have yet to start on any of the final year projects and there's piles of notes waiting to be read... Omigosh... I totally flung my Understanding Sg Society paper... >_< Gotta buck up... Dun wanna suffer brain damage for another semester of random philosophy...

No comments: