
and practiced some digital painting...

Yue! XD Was surfing Deviantart and saw a picture of Yue that is painted in a semi-realistic way. Wanted to try it too, but the realism didn't stick out well. End up anyhow whack a rough painting out, a study of the lighting and a practice to get used to the digital way of painting in an hour. Looks nicer when minimized to the smallest preview on photoshop... heh. Trying to get the hang of it...
School... Haiz... the lecturer Mr Lim from Understanding Singapore module was really.... >_< philosophical. Thought it was a module of *ahem* 'understanding the sg society'... but at times, he just jumped to the most extreme randomness.
"As sociologists, we're taught to question..." and talked about the job crisis of sociologists, how hard it will be for them to survive normal jobs cos they will question the hell out of their boss during office meetings...
"If you are feeling suicidal, you gotta talk it out" (targeting the current ntu situation of suicides...) "Come talk to me. I'll tell you the many better ways of dying." (cos he and his friends had thought out a list of killing themselves in the times to come when old age illnesses sets in..)
"Do you believe in reincarnation?" and goes on proving reincarnation with some maths + physics based equation and voila! "I've lived this life before."
Some of my peers quite dislike his tone of lecture, but gotta admit that I find it really interesting going through his lectures. Certain things he mentioned were pretty true for me as a Singaporean... pragmatism, apathetic... ah well... And this time, his philosophical questions hit pretty hard. From questioning about why singaporeans work so hard, to why want success, to why want to be happy? Omg.... pull hair sia... why bother about reasoning this...(there, singaporean apathetic side coming up liao...haha)
"This is similar to that movie Matrix" the blue and red pill thing. To ignore and be happy or to find the truth, 'danger ahead' kind of thing.... I really wonder about the 'seeking truth' thing... feels as though it's on the extreme opposite of being an ignorant fool and happy. (come to think of it, if they aren't extremes but just in circles, maybe they are just side by side of each other...? nargh.. random.) Had some serious thought over there... but still decided... I haven't really lived much, haven't brought the kids to the zoo before (?), and how much time do I still have left with my parents? Ann's getting heavier everyday, how much oppurtunities do I have to carry her in my arms before she grows up? If I die not knowing the Truth, it's fine with me... maybe I'll learn it in hell, or heaven, or purgatory... or maybe I'll be back for more 'life-games'(XD), but definitely not fine if I have yet to fill my life with beuatiful moments of the people around me in this life. Even if there is reincarnation or meetings in heaven or hell, I wonder if this moment will ever be the same again? Will I still be walking the same road, meeting the same people of same roles, doing the same stuff again? Am I still me?
...whatever heck la, 'just get a life'.
Lalalalalala~



2 comments:
woman, you sound imbalanced. you need something else to turn your attention to...
*mwahahahaha*
No... just end the semester and I'll be fine... >_< ARRRRRGGGHHHHHH....
Post a Comment