...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Working on the stress



Done with frustration ..at first yea. Sketched with a pen first and applied water all over it. The ink isn't waterproof, so there it goes, all messy. Made it messier by sketching the same thing over again with the ink pen while the surface was still wet. More water, and the paper was kind of eroding, since it wasn't made to take so much damage... Let it dry while I chill down with some yogurt... Came back again and inked the piece one last time with the ink pen, highlights with silver pen.

The source of frustration was a chat on the phone with Siew Khim last night. Not with her, but the person we were talking about... yea... the spoon again. It's pretty frustrating, the tutor trying his best to inspire and guide us, but me not getting much out of his talks... SK had the problem of not being able to develop her ideas further and she is really trying very hard, kind of to the point of frantic, since the due date is coming. While me... just dun like to think. Tried thinking of ideas but many times, I just fall asleep or end up doing something else, a stark contrast to her situation lol. If the tutor's idea of this assignment was to let us find our own way of handling things and getting ideas, then I've found that, most probably one of the awful ways of handling a project.

Anyways, tried to clear my head before I go into thinking... I realised I'll need to do some other stuff before going into work.



Cross stiching. This set was originally my aunt's. She started it a long time ago but didn't continue and was left in her room to collect dust, until we found it again one day during spring cleaning sometime back. I kind of liked the illustration, so wondered if I could try a hand at it. Yea, so she just let me bring it home to stitch and now it's some kind of stress relieving thing... (until the strings go haywire, that is..., frustration...) Guess maybe the next time I'll touch it would be another holiday I think.

No comments: