
Yeap, finished and handed in this afternoon to Bridget! Whew.... Haha, I wonder if I have something for old people. The very first cg that got me a prize featured an old man. My very first human bust sculpture was an old man. And now, another old man. Maybe the eyes? Gotta admit, I kind of liked the expression of the old man in this picture and decided to draw it down. Or maybe cos the wrinkly image of the elderly allows me to break away from the usual standard perfection of a human face...
Still feels the picture lacks some 'real-ness' to it, a small thumbnail of it now makes me feel that the left side of his face is in fact quite flat... But I submitted it anyway... letting it go there. Maybe a few years later, it'll be a joy to review this picture again, I hope so...
What did I learn there.... 2b doesn't go well with hb pencils for me...and less force! Every line counts!! (which leads to 6 hours of painful rendering... gotta do something about the time there one day.... not this moment though...)



No comments:
Post a Comment