
Original picture here
Yeap, finished this off last night after returning from Huiying's home. Haha, went to her house since she welcomed me there. It's always inspiring to go there, seeing all her works hanging on the walls.... It's now starting to be covered with more oil paintings than watercolors. What I really like was the set of 4 sqaure portraits of her family, lined up in the kitchen. It's really nice to have such stuff hanging around in the house, makes you feel cosy in the occasionally empty place. Yea, her mum works in the night, her father seems to be OT-ing that night, and her sis is away, summing up to only me and her in the house. I would have felt pretty odd, but she's used to it, I guess....
The conte used in this drawing was also given by her. She told me about conte a year ago when she used it during her foundation class and gave me two sticks to try. The tutor sort of told them to cover the entire paper with conte and work backwards with an eraser. It's pretty interesting, and being sick of pencil lines, I tried that technique out with the picture of Gregory House. It was messy at first, but the technique had some allowance to mistakes. The nose was initially too long and I wanted to shorten it, so covered up the entire nose and mouth in black and started again. Later went into details with a white pencil. Pretty cool :D he's got some eye problem there.... And it took the usual 4 hours....



No comments:
Post a Comment