...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hands of Nature

Tees! We have to come up with some designs for 2D, used on t-shirts. The requirement was at least three and they must be of a theme. I tried brainstorming some ideas days ago, but the first one still shines out to me...



'Hands of Nature'... (yea, feel the force!!!) Initially inspired by Hokusai's Great Wave and some ancient artwork which depicted the sun with hands. Not exactly a 'wow' idea, striaght to the point (I hope)...



Wondering if the textured one looks a bit too messy...? The colors isn't settled... but I need to buy the t-shirt by this day, so just a rough gauge... I've never done silk screen printing before, and a little search up on the net seems to give more prints done on a lighter background... An article was written on the difficulty of using white paints for this printing, something that was hinted by my tutor's constant suggestion of using white tees.... Maybe I'll see how tough it is tomorrow.




Gotta think more about the colors... after I settled some 3D. Skipped the class today, partly cos of stomach pains, but more of the workload... Haiz... when did I become so last minute...? Really need to be confident with the ideas and go in straight to do the work. The thinking part dragged on too long for many of my assignments. Stuck maybe, sian to think... maybe...

2 comments:

CC said...

i like 1 and 3. Not a 'wow' idea, but very natural and.. feels like something you'd do. Being true to yourself I guess?

Love the flow in the 3rd. Not liking the textures you used for the next one though.. doesn't go with the supposedly carefree feel that was expressed. Draw snake, add leg, lah.

Len said...

Was thinking if I overdone it by the time I did the last one... Ah well! Good thing I haven't print it :D