
Drawing assignment on grotesque and form... Was happily charcoal-ing away when I realised at the end of it... doesn't look grotesque. Arrggh. I went along the line of 'grotesque doesn't necessarily meant gross' instead of all 'blood gore quasimodo', so came up with 'someone looking into the mirror with skin peeling off' kind of picture (yea, done with a mirror, so the person kind of look a bit like me there... haha, rmeinded me of this pic too.). Wonder if I hit the 'form' criteria there... Might do another one if I'm done with the other assignments...

This morning, I was searching for an old reference in the sketches pile, but can't find it. Instead, found this half-done pic. Since fingers kind of itchy to try that water soluble ink again, I inked it in a sketchy way and applied watercolor paints on it instead of just plain water. Looks pretty.... nostalgic? Haha, yea, the character design was influenced by 'The Lady of Pharis' comic CC lent me sometime back. Haiz... why didn't I buy the book back then....... T_T



No comments:
Post a Comment