...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, February 27, 2009

复活!! INTUOS3 启动!

A very mecha title.... lol. Anyways, went for an art history meet yesterday with the group and we ended up in funan's tcc, discussing our presentation questions. I was pretty happy when I saw where we are going, cos previously, I was thinking if I should go down to funan on friday... For? XD The wacom pen yea.... T_T I decided that I should go get it asap, sometime before the next event starts. I don't wanna trouble Dor again for that... Feels so handicapped without it when I need to amend and touch up some stuff digitally before sending them off for printing. But yea, bought one off the shelf and tested it on this old piece of drawing.



While painting this, I kept thinking about what many people had told me about handling this stuff.

Dor reminded me of form and not using too much layers, smudging, and that the 'i', '[' and ']' are friends....
Bridget taught me about the difficulty of rendering a person's mouth area, that it tends to become flat.
Tom Lynch's books talked about the spontaniety of colors, how interest could be built with using a myriad of colors.
Together with Huiying's tips of oil painting a portrait, that the face carries lots more colors that just beige. Haha, she told me something about laziness there giving the dullest colors if I just couldn't care to change the palette.

Somehow, these ideas just kept ringing back and forth while I paint this picture, half trying to keep to Hiroyuki Asada's original palette of colors for the comic. Looking back at my previous digital stuff (...yea, just a few countable attempts), it looked different. And I was quite amazed at how this methods had shortened the time I used for doing a digital picture.... It used to take me more than four hours to get something this small and simple to this level, but I took about two hours for this one... maybe I should try acrylic sometime. Might improve the digital speed when I'm tired of computers, lol.

All in all.... never abuse the tablet pen... especially if it's an intuos3..... T_T

No comments: