...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Friday, February 13, 2009

Tired of Thinking...



Random painting, used a silver pen to do those lines. It didn't come out nicely during the scan...

Have been feeling very tired lately.... School homework has been squeezing my brain juices these days... Even though I had enough sleep, I still feel tired. I didn't like to think.... a bad thing yea.... but if no conclusion come out of it, I'd rather look at the trees and awe at nature's beauty with some paints ready. Which maybe caused my behaviour of 'not being able to find problems', as what the tutors in school have put it to me.... Since most of the homework requires me to create a problem and solve it, I got stuck, cos I couldn't find problems, hence I have nothing to solve.

I've always thought that dissatisfaction would make me become demanding of many things in life that I'll not see the good of what's around, but somehow, it's becoming quite a block... It's kind of a wierd dilemma in my view. The tutor asked the difference between animals and humans. He said that birds have nests as homes, but their nests doesn't have a roof. Humans live in homes with a roof above their heads, being able to create and all, innovations whatsoever. It got me thinking in another direction, other than his intended persuasion of the greatness of the human's creativity. I began to wonder if because of creating, we end up destroying more than create? All the bird wanted was survival, it builds it's nest, it fills it with it's offspring and what it needed to continue to survive. What about a human? We have created homes and filled it with things we need. But now, it doesn't sound so simple.... what is really survival now? Sure that creativity is a powerful thing, but I really wonder, is it really creativity or just plain stupidity, now that so many things created are just to compliment or add on to the things that were created earlier on. New stuff is adding to the rubbish heap. Or maybe I'm just not approving of the tutor comparing birds with humans? After all, birds make a home with fallen twigs on the tree, humans cut that tree down to make their home on the ground. Aye, creativity. Random....

...See la, that's why I don't like to think.

2 comments:

CC said...

thats not a very safe train of thought to jump on.. XD

I know what you mean. A lot of times I look ard me and think: do we really need all this? The answer is simple: we think we do, but we really don't need it. Its a dilema, and people, more often than not, take the easy way out: I don't have to solve it if I don't see it as a problem.

Now for your bird analogy. The bird uses the twig for its nest, depriving some other animal of the twig; its the same as with humans, just on a smaller scale. Do you see that as a problem?

Maybe, the real problem is why people don't see it as a problem. Humans are the only creatures with the power to protect all the others, but what are we really doing with that power?

Thats another train you can jump on i guess? =)

Len said...

Perception problems... If creativity were to become a power to protect, I wonder... what is protecting? Ideas keep changing, we might be protecting, but might also be harming. I wonder if things should be left the way they are initially sometimes, although I know that if that was the choice, we wouldn't be exchanging ideas here maybe. The mindset, have we looked up to ourselves too much...? :-/

I guess I'm just getting off the train tracks too much XD Brainwork.......