...One day, Len got really really bored. She didn't want post her works on DA. Neither does she wanna post in FAC. She just want a quiet space for herself. Somewhere where no one will comment or spy on. So she made this :P

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Salvaging!



Expanding on the previous sketch, putting a bit of idea in there other than just a character. The watercoloring kind of flopped... I wanted the waters to reflect the sky above, tried sprinkling salt for that, but again, that failed... Since it's irreversible, I just had to find another way out of that. Paint, paint, paint... and I started rendering instead of keeping to the abstract strokes that I initially wanted. Used gouache to salvage the painting, but it didn't help much... The painted strokes in gouache stood out too much on the watercolored painting that the water looked fake.

Ah well... since it's bad, destroy it.

My hands itched and grabbed the pastel box nearby, adding some white pastel on the water and smudging it. 'Hey, it looked pretty alright,' and add some more. Too much, and I erased it. Hey, looking better O_o! And yea, decided to stop there. Maybe that's why I just love traditional mediums.... XD You get unexpected-ness outta them.

Bro's bdae! Gotta take some photos and upload them soon for that woman to seeeee, I hope. Haven't heard from my sis for a couple of days... They said there's some flooding going on in Australia, but I dunno if her area was hit? Sent her emails and no reply.. Inactive on facebook and I don't see any Lidcombe visitor to my bloggie... Hope she's fine.....

No comments: